Do you want to be in a position to shape the culture and practices of an ambitious Engineering organization working to improve health insurance in the U.S.?
As a Lead Software Engineer at Bright Health, you will be in hands-on development role collaborating with our team to help continue building the foundation of Bright Health's ultimate success.
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions for our digital properties.
- Contribute to the design, development and implement systems, full-stack applications and/or websites related to the healthcare insurance industry.
- Contribute to all aspects of the product stack.
- Build the development of integrations with outside/third-party systems as needed.
- Collaborate with teammates on technical design, work estimation, and implementation of new features.
- Stay on top of bug and task management using JIRA or similar.
- Lead and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Review team member's code to identify and remediate bugs quickly.
- Create documentation and processes for teaching or lead learning sessions with other engineers as needed.
- Act as a knowledge base for other engineers.
- Mentor engineers at all levels of their careers to improve skills, code quality, and best practices.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- At least 8 years in software development
- At least 3 years experience with ReactJS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Expertise in developing full-stack web applications
- Experience building applications in the cloud, bonus points for serverless architectures
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment patterns
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.