Lead Process Mechanical Estimator - Water
As a Lead Estimator for our water group, located in Texas, you will have the opportunity to lead project estimating teams for bidding water, wastewater, pump station, and pipeline related projects. You will manage, coordinate and contribute to complete estimates for assigned $25M-$500M sized projects utilizing HCSS software program. This includes analyzing specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare estimates and preparing portions of contract proposal estimates. You will be responsible for managing an estimate team comprising of various discipline leads, in which you will be setting milestone dates and checking in with your team to ensure the completed estimate will meet required deadlines. You will also be required to verify accuracy of quantity takeoffs, and perform pricing of various scopes of work as necessary to complete the project estimate. You will work with your estimate team to develop an accurate estimate bid schedule for each project you pursue utilizing P6. You will report to the Chief Estimator for allocation of resources as well as coordination of necessary estimate reviews and bid closeout procedures.
What you will be doing
- Reviews proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and person-hour figures.
- Provides technical input regarding project and contract risks to lead estimator responsible for final bid price approval. Reviews final estimate to ensure defined work aligns with overall project schedule and cost goals.
- Prepares discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work. Calculates material quantity requirements from engineering drawing dimensions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Monitors client addendum and advises the estimating team on changes during the estimate period.
- Assists with design review options and recommends best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Partners with estimating team to prepare and conduct project hand-off meetings between pursuit team and project management team.
- Researches and recommends vendors and subcontractors for designated scopes of work to achieve pursuit and cost goals.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field required.
- 5+ years experience in construction industry, estimating or cost control required.
- Estimating experience for construction of Water Treatment/Pump Station Projects is required.
- Specialized knowledge and experience in alternative construction delivery methods.
- Required company or regulatory certifications
- Required company Safety certifications
- Advanced knowledge of HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software
- Communication and interpersonal skills for clear and effective support research, recommendations and pricing.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Time management and strong prioritization skills to meet tight turnaround and bid deadlines.
- Able to lead pursuit and estimating activities on a large or complex pursuit project.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.