We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like to drive process improvement and inspire teams to deliver the best possible service to customers?
We are looking for an experienced ITSM Process Manager that has a breadth of Service Management experience to join our IT Service Management Office
What will I be accountable for?
- Execute the day to day run of core ITSM processes (Change, Incident, Problem, Request) i.e. run cabs, problem meetings etc
- Input and evolve the Process maturity (in conjunction with the process owners). Identify and own improvements to our IT Service Management processes ensuring process changes are adopted
- Ensure continued understanding and awareness of service (ITSM/ITIL) objectives and metrics within the IT community, working closely with, and gaining trust across all service teams and operational teams
- Provide cover for process owners (Holiday / sickness)
- Provide in region support for ITSM Processes including (but not limited to) delivery of training on ITSM processes, providing Service Assurance support for projects being delivered out of Austin, facilitating emergency CABs.
- Attend service reviews of service providers and provide input into service improvements and process changes
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- A detailed understanding of ITIL disciplines & processes
- ITIL foundation qualification or equivalent required
- Experience of environment where PRINCE2/AGILE project management methodology is used. The ability to understand stakeholder requirements and correctly identify the service, urgency, impact and priority of those requirements. Proven knowledge of all aspects of IT teams and disciplines, such as software, infrastructure, cloud and mobile
- Good negotiation, influencing and problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a reactive high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated and directed and previously demonstrated ability to lead by example
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional international travel may be required (approximately 1-2 times per year)
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills“ thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World“. Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735