About our Company:
Bunkhouse is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, Fair Market and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
We're looking for someone with:
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and hotel staff
- Excellence in numeric, literacy and keyboard skills
- Experience administrating Office 365 and Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Oracle Opera PMS, Oracle Micros Simphony POS, Aloha POS, VOIP phone and other various hotel systems
- Knowledge of networks, infrastructure and telecommunications
- Experience with virtual server environments
- A+ and Network+ certification preferred
- Basic cabling and rack maintenance preferred
- Ability to travel to Bunkhouse properties
- On-site support for PMS interface servers, network and communications equipment
- Assist with creation/changes to interface from POS to financials/inventory/Payroll and Accounting departments
- Works with IT manager, hotel operations and vendor(s) to manage changes property IT systems prior to implementation
- Manages external providers and vendors while on-site to resolve issues
- Ensures documentation, manuals and procedures are created and updated
- Ensures security of data, network access and backup systems and controls departmental
- Contributes to the cost-effective operation of the company by administering to IT functions within budgetary guidelines
- Participates in projects and business process reviews where required
- Participates in regular meetings with supervisor to update on progress and debrief
- Coordinates with MSP to support administration of:
- User accounts and access of Microsoft environment (Active Directory, MS Exchange/Outlook, MS Office)
- Coordinate support on escalated tickets
- Attends scheduled meeting with MSP or properties
- Schedules and performs regular data and systems back-up
- Secures physical access to computer rooms and other relevant areas in accordance with company policies
- Alerts IT Manager and General Manager(s) to needs for major repair, and or investment in IT
- Assists IT Manager with annual budget guidelines and controlling costs while maintaining a secure and resilient IT environment
- Maintaining correct user count and inventory
- Embrace changes in your function as dictated by the industry, company and property
- Anticipate and undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties required before anyone asks
- Covers IT emergency support outside normal business hours
Bunkhouse pays competitive wages and offers a liberal working environment that encourages individuality and creativity. We offer a superior benefits package to employees who work 20 hours/week or more that includes:
- Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
- Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
- 401k with company matching
- Employee Discounts
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.