Super strength, strong skills and ready to make green your thing?
The Opportunity: Do you love working on machines? Do you want to work with the latest technologies and modern practices? Are you looking to build your career? Start your career today and join the Waste Management family as a Heavy Truck Technician. You'll be trained to provide superior maintenance on diesel equipment and CNG trucks (varies by location). You'll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill: hydraulics, electrical and diagnostics. You'll troubleshoot, repair and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. Keep reading to learn if you're a fit for our team and more about Waste Management's outstanding benefits program.
Some Basic Requirements:
- Two plus years mechanical experience and perform work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
- Experience with natural gas vehicles and ASE certification (preferred)
- Possess skills in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures during repairs and servicing of vehicles and equipment
- Experience with computer vehicle electronic systems
- Ability to provide estimates for time and material costs on vehicle repairs.
- 21 years of age or older.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY? WE INVEST IN YOU!
We'll provide you with a competitive salary and a top-notch benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability. You can participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), a fantastic company match on 401K, and more! You'll also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
The Location: AUSTIN,TX
The Company: Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
READY TO SUCCEED?
Don't delay and apply today!