At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you'll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you'll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Head of Strategy and Corporate Development will advise the CEO and Senior Leadership Team on driving, assessing, and prioritizing the long-term strategic direction and growth for the company across its portfolio of existing and new categories. This individual will develop and own YETI's strategic planning process and cadence and will partner closely with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team to operationalize those strategies across the organization. He/she will provide thought leadership on the future state of YETI's overall strategy, provide counsel on growth drivers, strategic acquisitions, partnerships, portfolio optimization and internal projects that ensure YETI's processes and operations enable the company to achieve intended goals and objectives.
Acting as an advisor, you will drive quantitative and qualitative analysis of high-priority, cross-functional strategic issues, and provide recommendations to the senior leadership team. Consequently, this role requires someone who is highly motivated combining exceptional strategic thinking, executive communication skills, project management, sound business judgement, quantitative skills, and ability to dig into the details and do the work.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of YETIs business to propose and analyze global strategic decisions
- Develop YETI's strategic planning process and cadence cross functionally
- Understand and stay current on industry trends, competitive landscape and internal product development efforts
- Contribute to YETI's growth strategy by acting as a thought leader and a domain expert
- Lead key strategy projects and orchestrate workstreams cross functionally
- Develop deep business knowledge, experiences, and subject matter expertise from YETI and the industry to develop insights
- Demonstrated problem-solving orientation with ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses, provide sound business judgement
- Build consensus and influence senior-level stakeholders
Qualifications and Attributes:
- 14+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, strategic consulting, investment banking, and business planning within the Consumer Goods Industry
- 10+ years of leading teams
- Master's degree in Business Administration preferred
- A balance of working as a consultant and as a practitioner within a successful global brand is required for success
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong financial/business modeling and analysis skills
- Deep understanding of premium brands with a focus on active, outdoor lifestyle brand trends, and dynamics
- Track record of leading team-based engagements
- Board level experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects (including project management of cross-functional teams)
- Strong mental agility; ability to be nimble and flexible with change
- Ability to share credit, influence and create followership
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.