Global Alliance Manager, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to develop relationships and manage the success of our Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning ISV partners. As a partner development manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform across AWS’s most strategic business partners.
We are always looking to improve and we also recognize there are many ways to lead and partner. We’re looking for a Think Big leader with diversity in thought who can add to our company skillset by bringing their unique industry knowledge and creativity to our organization. At Amazon, we live our professional lives by the Leadership Principals. When we hire, we look for those who are Amazonian rather than for someone who fits an exact resume mold. To us, Diversity in thought and experience is a good thing. We are hiring for attitude and training for skill because we recognize success takes many paths. We are looking for someone who can help us create the next version of what it means to be a great partner to our ISVs and is passionate about customers. We will coach the right fit.
Responsibilities will include managing strategic relationships with our key machine learning partners and driving C-level, Product Team, Marketing, Field and Channel relationships. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and driving partner plans with each assigned partner, you will be responsible for increasing top line revenue growth and overall market adoption of these ISV solutions running on AWS. You possess both a partner background that enables you to drive successful partnerships, engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables you to easily interact with enterprise customers and AWS sales/field reps. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with working knowledge of the machine learning technology and consulting services landscape. This role can be located in other locations across the US.
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible for achieving/exceeding revenue metrics by working with each partner and AWS teams (e.g. service teams, sales, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for each partner and that it is in line with AWS' strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed partner plans to track partner progress and achievement to goals.
- Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Engage each partner’s field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS and partners.
- Ensure that AWS sales field and partner business managers work closely with each partner’s customer base to maximize success using our AWS services.
- Ensure that AWS is each partner’s preferred public cloud computing platform across all partner product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Working experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
About the team
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 7+ years of product management and/or business development experience in the technology/cloud services industry with experience building ecosystem technology partnerships within machine learning.
- 7+ years of Enterprise Technology experience; preferably working in ISV organizations.
- 5+ years of managing ISV partner relationships.
- Prior knowledge of AWS and infrastructure technologies, services, and standards.
- Verbal and written communications skills are key to interact across internal and external organizations.
- Computer Science background.
- Experience working for either a startup or a larger corporation on machine learning projects or services.
- Ability to create and execute joint solution and GTM strategies and tactical plans.
- Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive machine learning technologies as well as Software as a Service delivery models.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- Ability to take on a greenfield partner and jointly deliver a get-to-market strategy.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.