Front End Software Engineer II
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Amazon.com is broadly recognized as #1 in Customer Service in the US and abroad. At Amazon we drive innovation and customer obsession into everything we do, and this is especially true in the Global Product and Solutions (GPS) team. We own the technology to support global continuous improvement initiatives across all of Amazon end to end. We are looking for a Front End Engineer to build and scale custom user interfaces for global customers. Our goal is to empower hundreds of thousands of users to support hundreds of millions of Customers.
You will be part of a Global Product and Technology team whose innovations and strategies will define the next generation of Amazon's strategic planning and continuous improvement efforts. Your role will include the development of modern and scalable single page applications. Your customers are Sr. Amazon leaders responsible for the continuous improvement of our operations centers.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise as well as the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment within a large global company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact. The main focus will be on the development of web-based single page applications including testing, documentation, and deployment to worldwide Amazon locations. You’ll be interfacing with distributed microservices to optimize and automate internal processes across a worldwide network. If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale as well as solving challenging problems, come join us!
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years of professional front-end development.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Vue.js, or Angular.
· Experience with responsive web design
· Familiarity with object-oriented programming
· Experience with modular and scalable software development
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· Ability to work to together with internal customers in international Amazon locations
· 3+ years of professional front end development.
· Well-founded knowledge in another programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Ruby/Rails, Perl)
· Experience with CSS extensions (e.g., Sass, Less, Bootstrap)
· Knowledge of Test-driven development, integration tests
· Experience with libraries for graphical visualization of data (e.g., D3.js, React-Vis, ChartJs)
· Web API programming experience (e.g. REST, JSON, XML)
· Basic networking knowledge and Linux console familiarity
· Experience with version management systems such as Git and documentation systems like JSDoc
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us