GLG is seeking a Finance Associate to help sustain and accelerate significant top and bottom-line growth within our business segments. In recent years, our businesses have delivered robust double-digit revenue growth and are well positioned to maintain this growth trajectory going forward.
This individual will be an important partner and team member to the Head of Americas Client Solutions, Segment leaders of the Client Solutions functions, and the Corporate Finance team. This person will be located in our Austin office and will report to the Vice President of Finance in New York.
At a high level, this position will provide thoughtful business stewardship, intelligence, analysis and ongoing reporting to measure business performance and assist growth acceleration initiatives across the Americas business lines. The role involves significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders and requires the candidate to demonstrate leadership, maturity and ability to self-direct. We are seeking a strong self-starter with solid analytical, financial analysis and critical thinking skills, outstanding interpersonal ability, the ability to multitask, and an overall entrepreneurial, get-things-done attitude.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of the key metrics, operations and current trends of each distinct business
- Closely coordinate between senior stakeholders within Americas Client Solutions, Finance, and Strategy teams on numerous joint projects / analysis.
- Manage mid- and long-range business plans
- Maintain reliable forecasting processes utilizing business manager inputs and internal databases, applying judgment and knowledge of historical performance / trends
- Develop a viewpoint on all analyses created to make clearly supported recommendations regarding expected initiative outcomes
- Assist with the production of periodic reports and the creation of presentations regarding new initiatives and business performance to be viewed by senior management and the Board of Directors
- Partner with the data analytics team to develop action-oriented business intelligence tools that inform key decisions around growth and investment within each business
- Create and analyze sophisticated financial models - build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components.
- Serve as a representative for business intelligence efforts
- Perform other ad-hoc analysis and modeling based on evolving business needs
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Meaningful work experience (4+ years), ideally in FP&A, investment banking, consulting, or other highly analytical role
- Analytic creativity, insight and agility with strong technical skills
- Devotion to accuracy, detail, analytic consistency and data integrity
- Very strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work with a team in pressure situations
- Comfort collaborating with multiple stakeholders across multiple offices
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Other Qualifications.
- Expertise with all Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SQL
- Experience with Tableau, Salesforce.com, Access or other database applications
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG's platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG's 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.