Ecommerce Shipping Specialist
Join our Goodwill family and get a $750 bonus! All new Retail, Post-Retail, Ecommerce & Commercial Services Team members are now eligible for a $750 bonus. Inquire with one of our Recruiters for more details!
Established in Austin in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas, a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, has become a multi-dimensional non-profit deeply entwined with business and job growth, the environment, and the overall spirit of Central Texas. Goodwill empowers more than 13,000 people each year, helping them fulfill their potential, improve the lives of their families, and contribute to the growth of the community. Goodwill, in collaboration with an extensive network of practical, thoughtful assistance-providers, actively strives to broaden its scope of education, job training, and business services in alignment with the core mission of generating lifelong connections to work.
The Ecommerce Shipping Specialist is responsible for accurately pulling, packaging and shipping merchandise. This position is also responsible for meeting personal and professional production goals. This position will be guided by the values of Goodwill Central Texas to support in the overall operation and growth of the Ecommerce department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately pulls orders by date paid for shipping verifying item SKU matches item order to avoid shipment to a wrong customer.
- Efficiently packs orders according to department guidelines ensuring the product is safe from damage in transit with minimal space void.
- Accurately scan and ship orders using the correctly assigned shipping carrier.
- Working as a team efficiently assists with the daily pick up by all mail carriers.
- Support Customer Service Representative with all customer service issues and requests related to order fulfillment.
- Meets all personal and department production goals.
- Maintains a professional and positive team oriented relationships with coworkers and supervisors.
- Must demonstrate a maturity of practice using the 5 pillars and principles of servant leadership.
- Must possess understanding of marginalization and how it impacts those Goodwill serves and employs.
- Must be able to understand work instructions in English.
- Exhibit respect for diversity of thought and have experience to advance it in teams/organization.
- Positive attitude and ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to multitask and work both rapidly and efficiently.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions well.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior experience working in packing and shipping warehouse environment.
- Basic skills with Windows PC and operating system. Microsoft Excel and Internet.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. Will be outside at various collection times and temperatures may vary depending upon season.
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours.
- Ability to repeatedly bend and twist.
- Ability to lift and carry 70 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate between and classify items.
- Health insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 403b match
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Post offer background check is required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements for the assigned customer/location. Alternative work locations may be offered as appropriate.