The Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) business of Spectrum Brands is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia.
Our Commercial Operations team is a cross-business unit organization responsible for operational activities and execution to enable the success of business unit strategies for both digital and traditional channels. Our Commercial Operations organization consists of teams focused in the following areas: Consumer Insights & Analytics, Digital Consumer Experience, Ecommerce Sales Strategy & Operations, and Revenue & Profit Management. These teams work collaboratively with each business unit to maximize our competitive edge in the marketplace.
Manage activities related to sales and relationship growth with Build.com. This position is responsible for the Hardware and Home Improvement Division. The position includes responsibilities for both ecommerce sales and digital marketing (as available).
Spectrum Brands is seeking a business athlete, an organized, analytical, well-spoken and detail-oriented individual to join the eCommerce & Omni Sales team to directly engage with Retail partners and internal teams. The National Account Manager (NAM) must apply a wide range of knowledge, skills and abilities to develop and implement strategic initiatives (incorporating consumer needs, marketing initiatives, negotiations, product development roadmaps, customer pilots, and supply chain innovation) to drive the performance of our brands online and offline.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, execute, meet or exceed the annual net sales and profit strategy for assigned account:
- Own the account strategy and utilize the 6 ecommerce pillars (Selection, Price, Content, Search, Inventory and Marketing), focused on long-term, sustainable growth
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Retail partners
- Continuously assess strategies and adjust strategy or execution as needed
- Create “Think Big“ opportunities, align customer strategies with internal business plans
- Identify consumer-centric opportunities that can be addressed through innovation and collaboration with assigned retailer
- Continuously assess retailer's programs to determine participation levels
- Drive internal support and partnerships to develop retailer centric critical capabilities
- Make and champion recommendations to ensure internal client media and external brand activities are executed to support overall account objectives
- Influence total Spectrum Brands Omni-channel strategy:
- This role will recommend enhancements to existing plans as well as develop nascent strategies to grow total market segment share
Education and Experience Profile
Minimum Education and Experience Profile
An equivalent combination of:
- 5-7 years of experience
- BS/BA degree or relevant classroom experience in ecommerce, brand management, financial analysis, retail buying and/or planning, product/project management, or marketing
Preferred Education and Experience Profile
- BS degree in Finance, Economics, Supply Chain, Marketing or equivalent. MBA Preferred
- Prior direct account management (including negotiations) preferred but not required
- Experience in one of several fields: ecommerce vendor management, ecommerce consultant, marketplace management, or Brand Manager at a leading consumer packaged goods company
- Prior digital experience including (Ex. social, SEO, content health scoring, and 3rd party/retailer platforms).
- Prior experience with digital media and seller platforms such as Google, Amazon and Walmart Media.
- Prior experience with data analysis, senior level presentation, ambiguity management, and account/vendor management is preferred
- Strong bias for action
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Utilization of data to develop strategies
- Experience working with syndicated data, and customer-based POS information
- Consumer-centric vision
- Strong presentation skills
- Prior large scale, multi-facet negotiations
- Innovative thought leadership
- Working conditions are normal for a flex-office environment.
- Travel up to 30%
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.