Director of Cardiovascular Services (Up To 170k Annual Salary)
Director of Cardiovascular Services Opportunity in Austin, Texas
Connected Health Care is thrilled to present an exceptional job opportunity as a Director of Cardiovascular Services at St. David's South Austin Medical Center in vibrant Austin, Texas. Join us to explore a fulfilling healthcare career while discovering the unique offerings of this dynamic city.
About Us: Connected Health Care is dedicated to connecting healthcare professionals with their dream careers. We celebrate their commitment to quality care while showcasing the vibrant and diverse culture of Austin, Texas.
Job Summary: As the Director of Cardiovascular Services, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining 24-hour responsibility for the direction, supervision, coordination, and evaluation of activities and performance within the Cath Lab, Heart and Vascular Unit, Cardiovascular Imaging, and Heart Failure Clinic. You will also oversee the Quality Assessment and Improvement activities of these departments while ensuring the development, review, and revision of policies, procedures, and practice guidelines specific to Cardiac Care for cardiology patients. Your accountability extends to the financial operation of cardiovascular services.
- Integrate department services with the hospital's primary functions.
- Coordinate and integrate services within your department and with other departments.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that guide and support service provision.
- Recommend a sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care.
- Determine the qualifications and competence of department personnel providing patient care services who are not licensed independent practitioners.
- Continuously assess and improve department and organizational performance.
- Maintain appropriate quality control programs.
- Review and approve employee payroll, ensuring accuracy.
- Assure new employees receive appropriate orientation to the unit.
- Maintain ongoing education and training of Cath Lab staff.
- Ensure staff members are certified to perform specialized skills required in cardiovascular departments (e.g., Moderate Sedation, CPR, Venipuncture, etc.).
- Conduct a minimum of 6 unit-specific staff meetings per year, addressing QA and QI activities, problem identification, proposed solutions, exchange of information, and relevant educational topics.
- Handle concerns or complaints from physicians, visitors, and patients regarding cardiovascular services professionally and empathetically.
- Respond immediately to code situations in the Cath Lab, providing direction and acting as a resource to other responders.
- Serve as a liaison between the medical staff and nursing, striving to meet medical staff needs.
- Assure that policies, procedures, and practice guidelines specific to the Cardiac Cath Lab, Heart and Vascular Unit, Cardiovascular Imaging, and Heart Failure Clinic are written, reviewed at least every two years, and updated as necessary.
- ACLS, BLS
- 5+ years of progressive CV leadership
- Current RN license
- Echo program & valve clinic oversight experience preferred
- Adult Patient population experience preferred
Join Connected Health Care for a unique opportunity as the Director of Cardiovascular Services in Austin, Texas. Embark on a fulfilling healthcare career while experiencing the diverse and exciting culture of this vibrant city.
Apply today and become a valued member of our healthcare team.