Diesel Mechanics - $1,500 Sign-On Bonus
Now Hiring MECHANICS (A, B and C Levels)
Start your CAREER today with MV - We want YOU to join our TEAM!
Competitive Pay and Benefits!
*** $1,500 Sign-On Bonus ***
MV Transportation is seeking experienced Mechanics. Successful candidates will perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis, service and repair of steering, suspension, brakes, engines, transmissions, differentials, electrical, wheelchair lifts, and air conditioning systems. Successful applicants must be able to work safely, perform part analysis on damaged parts and assist in inventory control. In addition, successful candidates are required to complete all related documents legibly and in a timely manner.
The successful candidates must perform all other duties as required and needed to operate the division or as directed by the division management.
WALK IN APPLICANTS WELCOME
Monday through Friday from 8 am to 2 pm
Location: 9315 Old McNeil Road, Austin, Texas 78758
Questions Please call (512) 852-7202 or (512) 852-7203
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and follow directions
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- General knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations related to shop and office conditions
- Mechanical- medium/heavy duty diesel experience required
- Must have a CDL with A or B w/ Passenger Endorsement
- Flexible and effective under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move objects weighing up to 70 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Must have technical competence with light / medium duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.