Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we're looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world's energy future, there's no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs data systems for fleet monitoring and process improvement. Develops databases, data models, and software tools to improve capability of analytics team, support team, and performance team. Develops analytics systems & framework to improve internal processes and add value to external customers. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Demonstrates broad-based software backend experience.
- Develops in SQL (preferably Microsoft SQL Server & PostgreSQL).
- Develops in Snowflake.
- Develops simple front end applications to utilize underlying data.
- Designs and develops NoSQL data systems.
- Designs and develops machine learning applications for anomaly detection and cohort analysis.
- Develops big data solutions to manage and utilize device time series and configuration data in novel ways.
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and innovative ways.
- Uses expertise to identify opportunities for operational, technology and talent improvement and the application of external industry standard practices.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of secondary factors.
- Exercises excellent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Demonstrates technical leadership guiding others in problem isolation and resolution.
- Elevates serious technical roadblocks, along with recommended technical solutions, to management for consideration.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Influence:
- Anticipates and avoids misunderstanding by adapting communication to the audience.
- Finds common ground and solves problems among a diversity of views.
- Actively provides feedback to enhance work group performance.
- Collaborates and has influence across the company.
- Leads and/or conducts complex studies or projects, acting as a resource to others and mentor to less experienced employees.
- Capable of representing SunPower in technical discussion with customers, customer representatives and/ or AHJ.
- Independently develops methods and procedures for application on new assignments.
- Leads projects performed by cross-functional teams.
- Provides periodic reports and updates, assessing project and team performance.
Creative Thinking and Innovation:
- Brings creative thinking and ideas to improve product, infrastructure, and team efficiency.
- Demonstrates leadership in applying SunPower values.
Impact and Results Focus:
- Delivers results that positively impact productivity, team efficiency, and quality of product/technical work.
- Provides consistently high-quality technical work on multiple projects, which have a positive financial impact on business goals and on customer satisfaction.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Engineering and 5+ years of related experience or M.S. Degree and 3+ years or Ph.D. 2+ years
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company's obligations under law, it
must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated
Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime
Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law.
Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants
and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by
contacting the EEO Officer.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Database, Developer, SQL, Information Technology, Programmer, Technology