ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY NOVEMBER 30, 2019
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It's who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don't just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause through our service and engagement principles.
Every day we:
- Welcome – Smile greet members by name, introduce yourself.
- Connect – Ask questions, share a story, introduce them to other staff and members.
- Support – Affirm and encourage them, wish them well.
- Invite – Share opportunities to get involved and give back to the community.
Join us and help transform lives.
The Southwest YMCA Branch is seeking a Dance Instructor to join our team. We are looking for applicants that have availability to work a flexible schedule.
Pay Rate: $12.00-$16.00 per hour depending on experience
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the Dance Instructor is responsible for teaching participants the benefits of exercise and providing a safe and healthy instructional experience for YMCA members and class participants. The Dance Instructor is responsible for planning and choreographing lessons for children at the beginner and intermediate levels. The member relations aspect of this position requires that relationship building be a top priority at all times, attending to the needs and requests of health seekers, members, and all people associated with the YMCA in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Must possess basic knowledge of various dance, ballet, and jazz styles
- Reliable transportation to attend work
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Open to feedback
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
- Experience in dealing with parents of participants
- Must complete YMCA Child Abuse Prevention Training once employed
- 4 years of dance experience
- Render first aid as needed and complete incident/accident report form for every injury/altercation on the premises.
- Attend all required meetings and/or trainings.
- Participate in the set-up and take-down of dance equipment as needed for classes.
- Ensure that the dance studio is not left unattended.
- Conduct warm-up as assigned by supervisor.
- Monitor appropriate placement of dancers within classes and conduct evaluations of students and/or potential students.
- Maintain necessary records to track attendance in classes.
- Maintain music and choreograph dance routines.
- Plan and participate in the annual spring performance.
- Maintain a safe environment in the dance studio at all times.
- Actively and enthusiastically support the Branch and Association goals and directions through effective completion of tasks and verbal display to peers, staff, members and guests.
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value); Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account