Under direct supervision, utilizing a computerized system, provides assistance to internal and external members by handling a high volume of calls covering the full range of member services in a prompt and professional manner. Interprets, translates, explains, and provides applicable, accurate, and appropriate information with respect to basic products and services. Effectively asks appropriate questions to uncover member's financial needs. Effectively communicates information during the initial call to minimize the need for future contact and escalation or requests assistance in order to provide complete resolution and member satisfaction.
A Member-Owned, Not-for-Profit Cooperative At UFCU, we strongly believe in fair and honest products and outstanding member service. We work to assist you with your financial education, and we listen to your suggestions for how we can improve. And by keeping our member-elected Board of Directors local, we have the advantage of first-hand knowledge of local markets and member needs.
We credit these values with making us Austin's largest locally owned financial institution, also serving Galveston County. Learn more about the UFCU Story (UFCU.org)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Relative Weight (in %; all functions' total should = 100%)
Essential Function Description
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and competent delivery of all University Federal products and services by phone and through other electronic delivery channels.
- Is knowledgeable of, and able to, successfully process, under direct supervision, items such as but not limited to wire transfers, requests for ATM/debit card inquiries, sales and referrals, basic loan servicing request, ACH/Check stop-payments, credit card information inquiries and member resolution.
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales and quality goals.
- Provides an excellent member experience by relating well to the member, proactively selling products and services by asking appropriate questions to uncover financial needs that benefit the member, thinking and exercising sound judgment, and acting responsibly in the member's and the Credit Union's best interests.
- Accurately performs transactions in response to member requests and displays professional telephone etiquette.
- Takes independent action to solve routine problems and generate new ideas.
- Recognizes areas of opportunity, systematically gathers information, sorts through information to address root cause of issues and makes timely decisions.
- Asks for assistance, when needed, to address more complex issues.
- Consistently meets deadlines and service level requirements such as AUX and hold time.
- Effectively manages inbound calls.
- Sales goals must be maintained with integrity of the sales program as a part of the job duty.
- Consistently meets minimum quality monitoring requirements.
- Consistently demonstrates excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills by treating others with respect, courtesy, and displaying a “what can I do to help“ attitude.
- Actively participates in self-development programs.
- Demonstrates ability to use computer and other applicable technology to perform job functions.
- Display flexibility within departments to maximize utilization, may be asked to perform administrative and non-telecommunication duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and internal controls specific to your role.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of six (6) months Customer Service Call Center or related experience.
- Minimum of six (6) months of effectively using multiple computer programs simultaneously.
- Bachelor's Degree may substitute for call center or financial services experience
- Demonstrated timely, consistent job attendance history
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from callers.
- Ability to listen and effectively communicate by phone.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and time management.
- Proven ability to multi-task, such as toggling between computer applications while speaking on the phone with our members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgement, logic, integrity and initiative.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
- Proficient in Windows environment coupled with the ability to operate office equipment.
- Must be bondable.
- Spanish bilingual.
- Credit Union experience.
- Knowledge of accounting, credit and lending principles.
- Knowledge of credit union products and services, policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
The person selected for this position is expected to be available for work Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and every other Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.