Configuration Engineer provides technical knowledge, advice and support to sales representatives, resellers and customers during the sales process to resolve requests regarding product/service technical issues and to maximize the benefits derived from the organization's products and/or services. This is a field-based position that is best suited for a candidate who able to travel up to 80%.
- Working with cross functional groups to ensure the system installation and configuration of toll system devices and network communications are accurate.
- Ensures that completed detailed design requirements are defined per project.
- Identifies where specifications may have been inadequately defined per application and seek resolution so that customer expectations and project deadlines are met.
- Provide technical recommendations and/or identify requirements. Configuration / Technical Support to customers.
- Assist in the flow of standard product design and/or cable design from concept through to production qualification.
- Provide technical feedback on system design and Communications/Networks.
- Generate and maintain standards and application guides for documenting Microwave and IP Communication Networks, and Microwave and IP Product Configurations.
What's in it for you?
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science Degree (or equivalent experience).
- Must have a valid passport or the ability to acquire one.
- Travel in this role is estimated to be 80% domestically travel.
Our top Candidates will have:
- Ability to understand and/or design communication systems using products from a variety of sources.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.
Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT)