Business Intelligence Engineer
Are you looking for a role that will allow you to make a community impact? Like digging into anomalies and finding the next big insight? Passionate about creating positive change in how businesses shop and procure items? Interested in profitability of programs, and creating metrics to help optimize business flows? Love working with cloud-based data solutions? If so, come join the Amazon Catalog Management and Sustainability teams in Amazon Business. We are multiple teams building solutions that allow businesses to create shopping catalogs, and find items that meet their procurement needs. The space ranges broadly across diverse and minority sellers, pricing, sustainable shopping (items, transportation, manufacturing, etc.) benefits for customers, and customer engagement with Amazon’s procurement solutions.
Amazon Business launched in 2015 and reached $1B in its first year, and $15B in 2020. Amazon Business aspires to be the preferred choice for all types of business (sole proprietors, small businesses, schools, universities, hospitals, government, enterprises (and everything else). The needs of these business customers are different from those of the traditional Amazon customer, so we are reinventing everything from how we offer our selection, pricing, customer experience, and unparalleled customer service. We have the opportunity to disrupt how businesses buy in this modern age.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer on the Amazon Business Catalog Management and Sustainability teams, you will work daily with Product Managers, Software Development Engineers, and Software Development Managers. Your role will be highly dynamic. You will help multiple teams monitor their business impact. You will create business metrics for the Amazon Business Catalog Management solution, and help product owners define and improve the value proposition they are creating. You will derive insights that will impact communities and businesses worldwide, as part of your ownership of Amazon Business’s new sustainable shopping programs. You will join the teams that were a critical part in Amazon’s COVID-19 assistance for front-line responders, bolstering diverse and minority sellers’ items on Amazon, and the creation of the Donation Hub where allow listed charities get items for $0.
- Engage with Directors, Sr. SDMs, and SDMs daily to answer business questions with data insights.
- Work directly with software engineering teams and data engineers within Amazon Business to build and refine data elements.
- Assist the Amazon Business Catalog Management, Community Programs, and Sustainability teams in business analysis.
- Design, implement, and maintain solutions to allow business and tech leadership to quickly deep dive anomalies or interesting findings.
- Own the creation, automation, and maintenance of Weekly, Quarterly, and Yearly business metric reports.
- Participate in product development as well as strategic & tactical planning of product initiatives.
- Grow your skills with access to the latest data tools such as AWS QuickSight, AWS Glue, AWS Redshift, and AWS Athena.
The ideal candidate should love working in a fast-paced environment, and be passionate about making judgments from data findings. They should be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and teams. They will join a dynamic team with strong ownership of what they develop, a passion to provide great customer experiences, and a bold vision to impact customers worldwide. Your team will work tirelessly to help solve critical customer needs, break daily to enjoy the latest Boba Tea available. On Fridays we spend time to bond over board games and celebrate our successes. This team will be located in sunny Austin, Texas; the live music capital of the world.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years of relevant experience as data scientist, data engineer, software engineer, business intelligence engineer, or equivalent.
· Proficiency with data mining, coding, query development and scripting language (e.g. Java, Python, R, SQL, PL/SQL) and data visualization tools (e.g. Quicksight or Tableau).
· Master’s degree in BI, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or other quantitiative area.
· 5+ years in relevant experience as data scientist, data engineer, software engineer, business intelligence engineer, or equivalent.
· Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR and other data warehouse or pipeline products.
· Strong fundamentals in problem-solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.