You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes AY a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
Of course we love it here, but outsiders think we’re pretty great too: Avison Young was awarded the prestigious America’s Best Midsize Employers for 2022, presented by Forbes and Statista, Inc. We’re proud to be regularly recognized for our team, services and culture and our team members enjoy comprehensive compensation and benefit programs. Through our customized work options, we give our people the flexibility to create a work environment that puts their overall well-being first. After all, we are powered by people.
We are looking for a Facilities Maintenance Engineer to provide a high level of service to a complex industrial laboratory mechanical asset, with some office space included. This is an onsite Facilities based position requiring close collaboration with the Tenant Manager of Operations.
- Oversee general maintenance operations and requirements of the building and mechanical operating systems (HVAC, plumbing, light fixtures, electrical, fire life safety, roofs, etc.)
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (Fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.)
- Respond to tenant and building maintenance requests, delegate tasks when appropriate. Reports to the Tenant Manager of Operations as well as the Chief Engineer.
- Conduct daily reviews of the grounds upkeep, lighting, ceiling tiles, housekeeping, and building storage/mechanical areas operating equipment.
- Monitor and maintain preventive maintenance schedule requirements and inspections for assigned building specifically on fire life safety and HVAC equipment.
- Single story tilt wall building
- Assist with and monitor tenant build-out projects.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside vendors and technicians
- Ability to identify deficiencies and implement corrective action as necessary.
- Comply with all appliable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Ensure management team is informed of current building operations.
- Acts as On-Call Engineer for assigned building and on occasion participates in On-Call rotations for other buildings in the portfolio.
- Participate in emergency response procedures (Fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and Safety training programs.
- Maintain all quality documentation and training as required by the site.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in office/industrial Maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and controls.
- Maintenance knowledge and operation of the fire life safety system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive team attitude
- Basic knowledge of computer operating applications such as Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel and/or Smartsheet
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, employee will regularly be required to walk long distances to cover the building and property portfolio.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED required. Any mechanical, electrical, plumbing, or HVAC designations/certifications preferred
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!