Behavioral Health Technician - Full Time - Austin, TX
Cenikor’s Value Proposition – What’s In It for You?
- PURPOSE in your work – service to others, giving back to your community, helping to save lives, being fulfilled at work. See how we served last year.
- COMPETITIVE PAY, BENEFITS, PAID TIME OFF, $2k - $4k TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, up to 10% 401K and BONUSES – we hire and reward high performers.
- STABILITY and GROWTH – more than 55 years in business – our strong financial processes support our drive to serve more people and ensure stability for our team members.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING and PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – we are committed to developing our leaders in their desired career path and promoting from within. We have Cenikor Career Pathways Program that you can join after 90 days of employment. We also have an annual leadership development program with assigned mentors to help you achieve your professional goals. More than 25% of our total employees have been promoted the last 4 years.
- STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS – The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) forgives your qualified student loans if working for a non-profit for a specific period of time. Find out more here.
- The work we do isn’t easy. If you like purposeful hard work, serving others and having FUN with your team while achieving goals, Cenikor will be the right place for you!
Do you have a desire to serve others and your community? Are you seeking purposeful work with a mission-driven organization? If so, our Behavioral Health Technician position may be right for you!
The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) is responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and securing of assets, personnel and clients at the facility. The BHT is responsible for providing therapeutic assistance and preventing client elopement as well as instituting appropriate security measures while escorting clients inside and outside the facility. Empathy and passion for serving others are core values of candidates for this role. Join the Cenikor team to help break the stigma of substance use and mental health!
Sun, Mon, Tue and every other Wed 7p-7a
Thur, Fri, Sat and every other Wed 7p-7a
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of security operations and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and residents.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner, to write and investigate required reports; to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures;
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to work night shifts and/or flexible hours.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One-year security/safety experience preferred
Valid Driver’s License
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer