You love to create compelling and strong compositions filled with light, life, and flavor, and love the challenge of forging a visual identity with a strong team. The challenge of developing a new look is creatively exciting to you. You want to push the bar on mobile gaming as high as it will go.
Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for a talented and passionate Art Director to join a small veteran team to develop the visual look on a new AAA Unreal Engine 4-based mobile game. The project is in early pre-production. You’ll develop style guides, push the bar on visual targets, and contribute to content creation in production.-
- Experienced in look development (including animation, visual effects) involving multiple disciplines
- Expert visual communicator and teacher through constructive critique
- Experience working with high-profile entertainment brands
- Incredibly strong portfolio
- You can “show” as well as “tell”
- You’ve visually directed at least one AAA console or desktop project
- You’ve personally been the art liaison with key brand partners
Nice to have qualifications
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Experience art directing a mobile project
- Technically literate and astute
- Maya, Unreal Engine 4, zBrush, Substance experience
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to Apply Now and tell us what games have influenced you.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.