Apartment Leasing Professional ($16-20)
A Leasing Professional is responsible for renting out housing properties and assisting tenants with their needs. Their duties include meeting with prospective tenants to determine lease terms, receiving security deposits and coordinating with current tenants to discuss lease changes.
- We build upon your Customer Service Background to help you get your foot in the door of a new industry and career path!
- Meeting potential renters and guiding them on tours of available units
- Following up on leads for potential renters
- Performing background checks, credit checks and other responsibilities to see if prospective renters are qualified
- Preparing leasing documents for potential renters using property standards and regulations
- Handling the collection of rent payments, security deposits and application fees
- Keeping residents informed of any changes to rental agreements or upcoming property issues
- Building a rapport with current tenants to give them personalized service
- Keeping an eye on community facilities such as mailrooms, fitness centers and laundry rooms
Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual is a HUGE plus
- High School diploma, GED, or suitable alternative.
- Work experience as a Leasing Professional or similar position - NOT required but HUGE plus
- Proficient knowledge of real estate industry, property management principles and relevant legislation.
- Valid driver s license and reliable transport.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Available to work extended hours, including weekends