Position: Human Resources Manager Type: Full-Time Location: Aurora, IL
Click Here if you forgot your login information
Located in Aurora, IL, Northern Illinois Academy is a Psychiatric Residential Treatment facility serving youth, ages 6-21, who have major mental health and/or developmental issues. Our 87-bed facility operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Northern Illinois Academy is seeking an experienced and energetic Human Resources Manager to coordinate all human resources functions to ensure compliance with State and Federal employment laws, regulations and training requirements. This position leads and coordinates the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process of new employees; serves as benefits liaison for the facility staff; responsible for all record-keeping functions related to the HR Department; serves as a primary liaison to the Payroll Department; and provides technical and administrative support to the HR Department. The HR Manager serves as a resource person to facility staff, applicants, and visitors in matters as they relate to Human Resources function and operation. The HR Manager advises and consults with the Executive Director to ensure agency compliance in all areas of human resources practices. This position requires the ability to perform office work directly related to management policies or general business operations; exercise discretion and independent judgment; provides regular and direct assistance to executives.
Job Duties Include:
- Ensures, advises, and coordinates compliance with employment laws, regulations and training requirements to meet Federal and State mandates.
- Oversees the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process of new employees.
- Ensures that all hiring procedures including, but not limited to, reference checks, background checks, offer letters, and drug screenings are completed before new hires start.
- Develops, provides, and/or coordinates new employee orientations programs.
- Works actively with corporate Benefits Manager to provide administration of benefit program.
- Performs all duties relevant to the administration and maintenance of Worker's Compensation cases.
- Serves as the primary liaison to the Payroll Department.
- Advises and guides management regarding variety of employee relations matters including disciplinary actions and employment separations.
- Develops and implements procedures as required to maintain staff employment files to meet licensing, State, and Federal requirements.
- Advises and consults with Executive Director to ensure agency compliance in all areas of human resources practices to ensure coordination with agency's goals and mission.
- Develops and implements Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement process for Human Resources.
- Responsible for distributing 90-day and yearly evaluations to supervisory staff for completion. Tracks and ensures all evaluations are completed according to policy and procedures.
- Insures agency compliance with and maintenance of confidentiality of all human resources records in accordance with agency policy and regulatory requirements.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Monitors current licensing/certification for all Nursing, Clinical and Education staff. Verifies number and status with appropriate state board.
- Insures that all new employees complete all essential paperwork upon date of hire, verifies proper identification for I-9 form, and verifies updated licenses or certification when applicable.
- Maintain databases and personnel files. Complete the audits of employee personnel files.
- Serve as contact person for group health insurance information and related matters. Receive and process applications for FMLA. Assist in the process of signing up new employees for benefits and related payroll forms.
- Complete and submit all unemployment notices and respond on behalf of the employer in a timely manner.
- OSHA reporting.
- Ensure compliance with the facility's equal employment opportunity policies and procedures and assist in reviewing and responding to any complaints whether internally or externally.
- Assist in performing corrective actions as a neutral party.
- Tracks which employees are eligible to drive company vehicles.
- Tracks and ensures all employees receive new hire and ongoing training according to policy and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Two to four years' human resources experience.
- Knowledge of interview and selection techniques.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel practice and procedures pertaining to recruitment and placement.
- Well-developed organizational skills and ability to carry out duties with initiative and limited supervision.
- Fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries and the ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Ability to maintain flexibility in a fast-paced changing environment
- HR management experience in a behavioral healthcare setting is preferred.
- The selected candidate must possess exceptional verbal/written communication skills and computer skills.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision after 60 days
- Company provided Long-Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Program/Health Savings Account
- 401(k) after 60 days
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Daily Pay - a company sponsored benefit that allows employees to access a portion of their base wages in advance of their payday
- Educational Assistance Program
Northern Illinois Academy is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer