Forklift Operator (US)
Want to earn $17.60 an hour? Potentially more!! (read description)
Hiring FORKLIFT OPERATOR – 5AM-3PM - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – OT on weekends during peak season!!
This work schedule is great for work life balance. Our site consistently offers overtime on a voluntary basis. OT is paid at x1.5 your normal wage!!
Forklift Training is Provided - No forklift experience required
As a case picker, your wage will be determined on your productivity for the week, Potentailly earning anywhere between $15.60-$22.35
WAGES & BENEFITS:
- Competitive starting wages $17.60 ($18.35 on second shift) /hour plus $1,000 retention bonus
- Paid training
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits at a very low cost available at your 30th day of employment
- 401(K) with generous company match
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program available after 1 year of employment
- Monthly attendance bonuses
- Quarterly quality and productivity bonuses
- Employee referral program up to $500.00
- Employee appreciation events
- $500 Retention bonus
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Dedicated trainers on all shifts to focus on your development
- Our program provides the tools and attention needed for you to succeed
- Safety committee - Help contribute to a safer workplace for everyone
- Associate Relations Committee - Have a say in improving our company
- Employee survey – Help us get better
- Positive working environment with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation
- Career advancement - Our site places high importance on personal development and promotion from within
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- A family-oriented work environment
- A clean and organized facility……and so much more!
What will you do in this role? Our Forklift Operators are responsible for moving stock from one area to another within our warehouse environment. You’ll load and unload shipments of various sizes, and you may use certain types of equipment such as stand-up, sit-down, or clamp forklifts and electric pallet jacks. Our environment is team oriented, fast paced and safety focused. We move products that people need and want. At DHL, YOU will be an essential part of everyday life.
- Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using various types of forklifts or other power equipment 80% of specified shift.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment ensuring the exact number and types of product is loaded.
- Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, report variances as necessary.
- Change equipment battery or LP tank and monitor power source as necessary.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, preferred
- Six months warehouse experience, preferred
- Six months forklift operation experience
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.