Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Prairie State Gaming, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the Business Development Team. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives
- Develops and implements marketing strategies to maximize volume and market share; investigates potential opportunities for incremental revenue.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns / deviations to the Executive Management / GM. Ensure effective control of sales results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of sales objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Designs and implements a bonus system that provides acceptable incentives aligned to revenue and profitability objectives
- Create effective sales strategies for each targeted location.
- Provides accurate and timely weekly forecasts and detailed 30/60/90-day sales reports.
- Use Salesforce.com to improve effectiveness of sales efforts and give visibility to senior management.
- Strategize and share best practices with your new business team members weekly.
- Develops effective business partnerships with the Marketing Teams and Service Management to enhance abilities to drive results and overall goals of Prairie State Gaming.
- Drives sales strategies and programs in collaboration with Management to increase market share growth.
- Lead strategic location meetings and strategy sessions to drive sales results.
- Accurately completes assigned tasks as requested.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Availability for evening, weekend and holiday work as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance or related area; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of casino, sales and /or marketing experience with proven success demonstrated.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Technical proficiency and knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills; strong client interface and presentation skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive toward results.
This job will have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Something to leave you with
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer