The Onsite Manager is responsible for providing business and workforce management solutions for our high-volume staffing relationships, including screening and placing qualified candidates in appropriate positions. This position will act as the primary contact for the client, in charge of attracting, retaining and motivating a variable workforce. The On-Site Manager is also responsible for internal sales growth, gross margin improvement, continuous cost efficiency, associate development and management of workers compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing applications and results from applicant profiling questionnaires.
- Screening candidates for appropriate job fit utilizing validated assessment tools.
- Utilizing a behavioral-based interview program focused on work ethic and attitudes towards policies, procedures and safety to select and hire qualified candidates.
- Extending job offers to qualified candidates and providing pertinent safety, policy and job-related information.
- Completing applicable employment paperwork for all candidates.
- Daily contact with clients, enhancing strong business relationships to gain customer retention.
- Ensuring workplace safety for all associates. Daily facility walkthroughs, promoting safe work practices, proper protective equipment and a clean, safe work environment.
- Performing monthly safety reviews with client representatives, focused on findings from walkthroughs and injury trends.
- Promptly and thoroughly addressing all workplace injuries.
- Processing weekly payroll for specific groups of clients.
- Ensuring accurate documentation of all employment records housed in PeopleSoft.
- Maintaining positive relationships with assignment employees throughout their employment experience. Administering performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and terminations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Networking within the community.
Successful Onsite Manager Skills and Characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 5 years in the Staffing Industry preferred.
- 3-5 years manufacturing or logistics experience required.
- 1-2 years human resources experience preferred.
- 1 year sales experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated.
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment.
- Experience managing critical customer relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Possess a valid driver's license and a car that can be used for work..
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TrueBlue was founded on the idea of connecting people and work. We work with businesses to provide the workforce solutions they need to succeed. Publicly traded since 1998, TrueBlue provides a talented workforce of over 600,000 people and partners with more than 100,000 companies around the world through three segments: PeopleReady, PeopleManagement and PeopleScout.
- PeopleReady provides on-demand and skilled labor for retail, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, energy, construction, hospitality, and ports & terminals industries.
- PeopleManagement (Staff Management, SIMOS, Centerline) provides on-premise contingent staffing and on-premise management in the light-industrial sector and beyond.
- PeopleScout provides high-volume permanent employee (RPO) recruitment process outsourcing and management of outsourced service providers to a global workplace.
TrueBlue continues to broaden its service offerings, reaching more markets, and offering greater technology and innovation to benefit employers, staff and contingent workers.
What we do at TrueBlue is simple – we put people to work and change lives every day.