University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
VCHA – Center for Biomedical Informatics and Personalized Medicine – Health Data Compass
Information Technology Senior Pro, Health Data Analyst/BI Developer
Position #00768798, Requisition #17699
- Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Center for Biomedical Informatics and Personalized Medicine – Health Data Compass has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Information Technology Senior Pro, Health Data Analyst/BI Developer.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Nature of Work:
Health Data Compass is the enterprise health data warehouse on the Anschutz Medical Campus of the University of Colorado in Aurora, CO. Our team runs the data integration and analytics platform to support clinical and translational healthcare research across the CU research enterprise, to promote operational excellence within our partner hospitals, and to drive innovation and discovery in the field of personalized medicine. We are jointly sponsored by the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, CU Medicine, UCHealth, and Children's Hospital Colorado. The primary reporting relationship for this position will be to the Health Data Compass team and a secondary reporting relationship will be to the Department of Transplant.
This position requires a highly motivated individual that can work in a self-directed manner in a team-oriented environment with a high-degree of health or clinical information management expertise, customer service expertise, and experience with healthcare data. Attention to detail and excellent documentation and interpersonal skills are necessary to succeed in this role.
Examples of Work Performed: The Data Analyst / BI Developer position will:
- Work with End Users (e.g. Physicians, Researchers, Hospital Administrators), healthcare analysts, developers, and other technical personnel in a specific department to manage data requests and build requested data extracts.
- Responsible for supporting the query and reporting needs of the Department of Transplant at UCHealth from Health Data Compass.
- Be responsible for documenting and implementing data definitions, and monitoring and auditing data quality for data sets that are created.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $58,793 - $98,773 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Biosciences or healthcare related field, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field from an accredited institution
- Two (2) years of professional level experience with healthcare data (such as data profiling, data quality, data analysis/reporting).
- Experience developing SQL queries against a healthcare data warehouse.
- One (1) year of experience with clinical data.
- Master's degree in clinical/health care informatics or related healthcare/clinical field from an accredited institution.
- One or more years of experience writing reports using healthcare data against data warehouse like Epic Clarity or Caboodle or other healthcare data model.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving bugs related to data accuracy, usability, and performance issues.
- Experience with healthcare terminology.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of clinical healthcare research
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL
- Knowledge of clinical health care data and practice.
- Experience with analytical tools and methods (e.g. R, SAS, Python)
- Demonstrated success working in an integrated environment and working within a cross-functional team, including outstanding written and verbal communication, documentation, and presentation.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, attention to detail and accuracy, and strong inter-personal skills.