POSITION: SubStation Technical Apprentice – North Augusta , ME (14543)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: CMP-ME-North Augusta Serv Cntr
- Assist in the installation, repair and testing of all types of electrical and /or mechanical apparatus, including transformers, regulators, control equipment, relays, and other substations equipment, and to a limited extent, line and protective relaying equipment.
- Works under supervision on or adjacent to, energized equipment in accordance with the safety standards.
- Obtains a general knowledge of substation equipment and works with the tools, equipment and instrument of the trade.
- Learns to prepare such records as may be necessary and becomes familiar with switching procedures and operation of substation equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated structures.
- Must feel comfortable working within allowable working clearances of energized equipment.
- Can perform limited duties without immediate supervision.
- Lift material / equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Must become familiar with the Company's operating standards, policies, safety instructions, regulations and directives pertaining to the assignments.
- Must be able to perform assigned duties in accordance with established maintenance and operating procedures in a safe and timely manner.
- Must have a 2-year associate degree in the electrical / electronic field or passed the ETQ exam.
- Must hold a valid Maine driver's license and be able to qualify and hold any other permits or licenses required.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a Class B license.
- Must work in a manner that does not jeopardize the safety of themselves or others.
- Must reside within 45 minutes of reporting location.
- Must maintain telephone and provide Company with telephone number.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform all the essential functions of the classification.
- Must be able and willing to respond to emergency call out situations.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org