Shift: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This position supports our Community Integration Home in Athens, GA.
The candidate for this position must perform the following duties:
- Under broad supervision, counsel with emphasis on prevention and/or behavior modification.
- Work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health.
- May help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse, family, parenting and marital problems, suicide, stress management, problems with self-esteem and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health.
- May serve as team leader.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas.
- Act as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, and tests.
- Counsel clients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
- Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition based on review of client information.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to client's treatment.
- May supervise professional staff and/or support level staff.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports
- FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT *
Master's degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in related field AND Four years of related experience OR One year of experience at the lower level Behavioral Hlth Counselor 2 (HCP101) or position equivalent. Note: Some positions may require certification or licensure.