Do you possess intellectual curiosity, creativity, strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and an ability to influence business and technical leaders in a dynamic environment as well as a strong desire to contribute to Zones’ continued success.
The role of the Project Manager II will scope and execute initiatives by partnering with PMO Management, senior project managers, stakeholders (Partner and Product Management, Purchasing, Operations, IT, Finance, Sales) to understand and prioritize initiatives to improve organization performance. Improvement may constitute increased speed, enhanced efficiency, lower cost, higher revenue or a combination of all.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Project Manager II, Operations is primarily responsible for:
- Project Management
- Lead and manages medium to large projects, directs project activities, schedules, risks and meetings, understands dependencies, and manages timelines
- Manage cohesive plans across all work streams, ensuring coordinated approach when utilizing cross-functional resources for input, data gathering, analysis, etc.
- Coordinate engagement of partner resources and subject matter experts across multiple projects & organizational functions
- Proactive identification, documentation and resolution management of project risks and issues
- Ability to define, track and report on specific measurable outcomes for projects
- Makes tough decisions and trade-offs between strategic and tactical issues
- Diagnostics & Analytics
- Identify workflows/procedures that require enhancement/streamlining and identify ways to make them more effective
- Build models to estimate project costs, assess resource needs, and forecast expenses over time
- Formulate recommendations and summarize findings via well-organized presentations to senior management; effectively summarize key information (e.g. cost savings, efficiency improvements, accountability metrics, etc.)
- Manage issues and decisions to timely resolution. Communicate with senior management teams to escalate/resolve project conflicts & needs
- Formulate plans to communicate, train stakeholders, and implement approved changes for the best return on investment
- Stakeholder Management
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of customer and stakeholder business and needs
- Effectively identify, define, document and manage stakeholder expectations and communications to ensure customer measurable customer satisfaction
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, or equivalent experience
- PMP; ITIL Certification or equivalent preferred.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in program/ project management, process engineering or strategy within a technology or operations environment
- Leadership skills: must have experience leading multiple projects and teams simultaneously
- Problem solving skills: must be able to identify risks and develop actionable mitigation plans
- Analytical skills: must be highly analytical with experience in using objective data to drive strategic recommendations
- Communications skills: must be able to concisely explain complex issues, communicate well in writing and verbally, and be able to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Intellectual curiosity: must possess a desire to understand why/how things work vs. simply completing the task at hand
- Knowledge of and experience using Project Management Software
- Possesses strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we’re committed to providing top-tier solutions, we’re just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!