Production Technician 2 - 1st Shift
Valassis, a Vericast business, is the leader in marketing technology and consumer engagement. We work with over 60,000 companies and brands in a wide array of industries, partnering to anticipate consumer intent, inspire action, and create demand. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Follow Valassis on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Valassis offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
Production Technician 2 – 1st Shift
Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
· Responsible for meeting production goals/quality, machine operation and set up, delegation of labor, leading a team and ensuring enough of the proper materials are staged at the machine.
· Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment (different type of equipment varying from 227, and Alphaliner,).
· Additionally, fulfills the job duties of a Production Technician 1 Feeder/Strapper as required.
- Load and unload material into machine. PT1 Strapper and PT1 Feeder duties and responsibilities as required.
- Perform and validate proper machine component set up.
- Applies troubleshooting skills for various machine components. Make minor non-mechanical adjustments, such as jams and machine calibration to ensure safety and maintenance procedures are followed.
- Manage machine performance using a computer interface, requiring the use of a keyboard and mouse to point and click on work assignments and take corrective action when prompted by error message. Collect machine performance information and enters data into MS Excel spreadsheet.
- Perform quality checks (QC) on finished products. Resolve machine productivity and product quality issues without assistance. Support and comply with internal and external audits. Analyzes, and reports critical objective data and information to production lead/supervisor, recommending improved machine use, quality control, and staff utilization.
- Housekeeping, safety, and other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years related experience. (Preferred)
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment (varying upon equipment).
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communicator (share equipment knowledge, quality, and safety concerns).
- Ability to assess obstacles and take corrective action.
- Mathematical skills and ability to read and comprehend daily machine reports.
- Demonstrates ability as a line lead (one machine).
- Computer usage experience, technical skills may vary based on the equipment.
- Ability and knowledge to operate a pallet jack.
- Working knowledge of machine components & manufacturing operations.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language.
- Pallet jack.
- Machine specific software.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
- Lead, coach and maintain open communication with other production team members.
- Participate in the Team Business Meetings.
Work prioritization to meet production commitments and goals.
Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to carry up to 30lbs, push and pull up to 30lbs, twist, stand, walk, reach, and grip/grasp throughout the shift. Employees are also required to lift up to 30lbs, squat, and kneel occasionally. Lastly, employees are required to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment (varying upon equipment).
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.
- *Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please contact HR Business Partner for further details.
Valassis considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. In addition, Valassis will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting our recruiting administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.