1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem Applied Water Systems seeks to hire an Applications Engineer to join the AWS Customer Service team in Auburn, NY office. The Applications Engineer will provide interface with external customers, sales and operations teams. The Application Engineer will be able to size and configure customized boosters system, prepare quotations, provide proactive sales presence, and act as the primary contact for customers and sales for controls and package business.
This customer-facing role will play a key role in aftermarket service, in respect to troubleshooting, follow-up, and the order expediting process business while developing a close supportive relationship with customers, Territory Managers, Market Development Managers, Regional Managers and the sales team. The Applications Engineer should have an educational background in electrical components or extensive experience in this field.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible to track each job from Customer Spec to Shipment
- Supports sales channels with packaged system applications expertise i.e. design, selection, substitution and/or modification.
- Proactively sell product to customers.
- Prepare accurate written quotations and submittals from technical specifications received from the field.
- Provides schedule to the customer, internal team and or to support the project manager.
- Handle customer referrals in a professional manner.
- Understand the control system and software
- Proficient use of ERPLX, MS office, Global Vault
- Maintaining and communicating changes to appropriate parties as required.
- Communicate to vendors for needs on special items.
- Handle and process customer complaints and determine requirements to resolve.
- Determine Tier 3 technical resolution for troubleshooting and Quotations
- Prepare quotes including price and lead-time.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Customer Satisfaction: Customer Council Results
- Quality Indicator: successful resolution of trouble shooting calls
- Quality Indicator: Timely response to quotations
- Respond to internal customer requirements within agreed to timeframe
- Field Sales Satisfaction: Survey results
- Quality indicator – complaint tracking system
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- ME, EE, IE&M or Engineering Technology; technical degree required or equivalent experience in related field
- 2-4 years of Customer Service experience, and Network software capabl
- MS Office and Outlook
- Ability to multi task
- Decision maker
- Organization and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with sales. Knowledge of business operating systems i.e. ERPLX system
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.