Sumo Logic Engineer
Req Number: 235215
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or in a technology related field, OR equivalent through a combination of education and/or technology experience, OR 12 years of technology experience
- 6 years of Technology Experience
- 6 years in identifying technical solutions for complex business problems, identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions and providing recommendations
- 4 years of experience implementing and troubleshooting Sumo Logic
- 4 years of developing security-focused content for Sumo Logic, including creation of complex threat detection logic and operational dashboards
- 4 years of familiarity with key security events on common IT platforms
- 3 years of scripting (in BASH PERL, PYTHON) using regular expressions
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Must have indefinite employment authorization.
Senior Staff Engineer- Sumo Logic
As a Senior Staff Engineer, you will provide engineering support for complex system management activities related to Sumo Logic system software, hardware, performance, problem determination or resource management requiring communication and coordination with vendors, technicians, clients, and management. This position will build systems to derive actionable insights and intelligence on large sums of data using machine learning and artificial intelligence. The role will also provide technical input to management decision making in the areas of Sumo Logic software, hardware, and performance. This role will include defining client and engineering requirements; performing detailed analysis of various projects and requests; developing designs for projects with various levels of complexity; formulating procedures and monitoring key performance indicators. This position will practice Agile methodology.
Design & Methodology
- Work closely with business units, application teams, infrastructure areas and vendors to identity, review and evaluate the solution requirements.
- Investigate and propose strategic fits for virtualization, consolidation and rationalization solution opportunities within the infrastructure or business. Propose changes to the technical design solutions as applicable.
- Evaluate and align strategic fit solutions across platforms and solutions specific to system hardware and software technologies.
- Understand, participate, review and influence long term capacity planning and technology investments.
- Provide client consulting and planning guidance as applicable for moderate to complex projects
- Provide consultation and works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational/business goals and objectives.
- Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of complex systems.
Planning & Organizing
- Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology and provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives.
- Review, identify and manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis.
- Review, participate, develop and update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales and strategies.
- Evaluate, review and approve highly complex design solutions for business and Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
- Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
- Actively participate in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Category C - Days may vary based on workweek schedule (1-5 days in office)
Auburn Hills Operations Center
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background and fingerprint check.
NMLS certification requirement: where applicable, a favorable background check screening, credit check, fingerprint check, and NMLS certification is required in accordance with the SAFE Act.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management. Comerica's more than 9,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.