Senior Manager - In-vehicle Infotainment
Talascend has been retained by a global Automotive Supplier to provide Senior Manager candidates for their operation expansion in Oakland County, MI.
Our client develops a wide range of custom in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) products and navigation systems that are valued for their excellent performance and high-quality by consumers and vehicle manufacturers alike. Their brand is recognized around the world for producing an exciting in-car audio and mobile media experience that makes driving safer and more enjoyable.
Reporting directly to the President of R&D for North America, this Senior Manager will be responsible for managing, mentoring and developing the expanding Engineering Group in Southeastern, Michigan. Qualified candidates are both skilled leaders and product development/tech savvy. The Senior Manager shall be equipped to manage the team, collaborate with Executives and efficiently lead the production of a new In-Vehicle Infotainment head unit that meets the quality and performance standards expected by OEM clients. You can expect a top-notch compensation package including salary, bonus, benefits, paid time off, and the chance to join a world-class organization. Relocation support available.
The Senior Manager is responsible for all of the following (and other duties as assigned):
- Creates the technology road map to get future IVI business from OEM customers.
- Manages RFI and RFQ activities for IVI products
- Defines project charters and scope of work (SOW).
- Builds IVI Engineering team and organizes the department to meet the business goals.
- Manages project management team personnel including assessing and addressing any skills gap within team needed to meet current and future business objectives.
- Follows CMMI/ISO processes that leads to product improvement and problem resolution as efficiently as possible.
- Collaborates and communicates with counterparts and Executive team about resource issues, progress, issues and risks.
- Plans and manages departmental budgets
- Meets with customers, builds relationships and negotiates business matters as needed.
- Manage global development organization (in collaboration with colleagues overseas).
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science is required.
Must have demonstrated senior management experience within the automotive industry providing strategy, vision and direction as a Leader (leading Leaders).
Eight or more years of experience in infotainment, telematics, navigation or software development for mobile media applications.
Five years of supervisory experience and three or more years of global project management experience.
Ability to effectively communicate and lead within a team environment.
Excellent decision making, problem solving and presentation skills.
Must be willing to travel domestically and abroad (6-8 trips/year) as needed.
Preference will be given to candidates with advanced knowledge of software engineering, embedded systems, and software process CMMI, ISO26262 or Spice.