Lead all engineering activities for a respective vehicle platform element.
- Lead the platform engineering interface with the customer.
- Lead the platform engineering team or product application (s) team.
- Lead product application engineering across a vehicle platform, irrespective of model type or brand name, from product launch stage pre 'C0', through production and inclusive of stage 'D'.
- Provide full engineering support to: Product launch teams in all DL operations involved in the launch of products for a vehicle platform (ie. Stage 'C'); Manufacturing development teams during subsequent manufacturing change programs (ie. Stage 'D'), including the authorisation of engineering changes
- Identify the platform engineering team or product application team resource requirements and structure
- Define and obtain agreement for the program plan (targets, timing, resources, spend etc.) to implement 'C' & 'D' phase engineering activities and changes
- Manage and deliver vehicle platform programs in accordance with both the customer APQP and DL CAPM deliverables, activities, procedures.
- Manage product selection recommendations, for approval by the account team, in accordance with DL's process
- Ensure the delivery of data and designs to support all relevant commercial activities within the account team.
- Liaise with the customer Resident Engineer
- Work as and when required with DL product technology specialists for engineering discussions/proposals, product application, product launch and problem solving
- Support the performance development of application engineers
- Adhere to the GKN Product Safety Policy and Product Safety Procedure.
- Immediately report PPSI (Potential Product Safety and Integrity) concerns to the Quality Manager in production or the Chief Engineer in development.
Bachelor's of Engineering or related
Fluent in English
5+ years experience in Automotive Engineering
2+ years experience with Powertrain (CVJ or AWeD products specifically)
5+ years customer exposure preferable with an OEM
Proven project management & communication skills
Ability to travel independently (10% travel approximately including international)
Business Process Discipline
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world's leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world's automotive manufacturers.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.