Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Responsible for assembling and installing pipe systems, pipe supports, and hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Responsible to work with the assembly and debug of the pneumatics, fluid power and water systems on various types of automated equipment including Powertrain, Paint, Robotic and Specialty Automation.
- Work with manufacturing personnel on ABB processes and procedures.
- Work with Manufacturing Supervisor to assist in forecasting hours / budgets and help the team adhere to them. When adherence isn't possible due to circumstances beyond manufacturing's control it is required to produce required documentation to explain overages.
- As a lead, this position will help the group adhere to project timing.
- Follows ABB safety practices
- Ability to be flexible and to accept and manage project plan or directional changes.
- Work with the group on material delivery and project timing and budgets
- Ability to work cohesively with the engineering department during the planning and execution stages of projects.
- Employee also will be a working leader with tasks that a Pipe Fitter would have.
- Basic Qualifications:
- High School diploma
- 9 years as a Pipe Fitter with debug and try-out experience on machine tools.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Powertrain experience
- Capability of planning and executing fluids and pneumatics build of automation machinery along with the set-up (tune-in or debug) and tear down/shipping.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional positive attitude.