KBE Engineer - Knowledge Based Engineer (KBE).
- Responsibilities include creating CAD (Catia/NX) parametric math models for commodities using Knowledge Based Engineering template modeling techniques.
- Position requires extensive knowledge of Catia/NX modeling and an extensive background developing / packaging / synthesizing complex vehicle systems.
- Additional responsibilities include dictating architecture and construction techniques, creating master development / packaging / requirement sections, defining master template modeling structures, and training other Catia/NX engineers on modeling techniques, architecture.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program
- 5 years of CAD (NX/CATIA) Interior Trim experience in one of the following areas; Hard Trim, Soft Trim, Headliners or body design
- NX-Technical Expertise; experience in associative parametric design
- Experience in overall vehicle design and release
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experience with advance quality tools such as DFSS, parametric models, and design for performance
- Vehicle launch experience
Travel and Driving Requirements:
- May be required to travel domestically up to 20%
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Altair Engineering Inc. is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product design and development, high performance cloud computing, and data intelligence. We enable organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future. We believe a critical component of our success has been our company culture, based on our core values of innovation, envisioning the future, communicating honestly and broadly, seeking technology and business firsts, and embracing diversity. With more than 2,800 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 81 offices throughout 25 countries. Altair serves more than 8,000 customers across broad industry segments. Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering. To learn more please visit www.altair.com