Executive Assistant, Investor Relations & IT
Reliably delivering what's needed today
There are few challenges as important today as creating solutions that support a cleaner, more energy-efficient world. This requires a commitment to constantly improve the transportation of people and things. We, at BorgWarner, made that commitment decades ago and have since been creating technologies to improve efficiency, emissions and performance in all types of vehicles.
Constantly pursuing what's next
Our proven track record has made us an industry leader in clean, energy-efficient propulsion system solutions for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles. We uncover strong trends and use smart science and technology to address a future based on varying regulations, consumer demands and automaker requirements.
Product leadership that's changing the world
Our employees have earned trusted partnerships with customers and suppliers around the world. We leverage these relationships to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges at hand and then do what it takes to develop the next solution. Our strong operations and commercialization expertise result in high volume availability of competitive, efficient products that truly drive change.
BorgWarner is currently looking for a “dynamic, results-driven“ individual to join as an Executive Assistant to the Corporate Investor Relations and IT at our World Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The Executive Assistant provides day-to-day administrative support to the Vice President of Investor Relations, Chief Information Officer, and indirectly supports the staff of both departments. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining multiple calendars, managing investor events/outreach, coordinating travel arrangements, and performing daily administrative tasks.
This individual requires superior communication and organizational skills, critical thinking, attention to detail, an ability to maintain confidentiality, take initiative and provide highly responsive, proactive support. Incumbent must also be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Directly supports the Vice President of Investor Relations and Chief Information Officer
- Provides indirect support to the Investor Relations and IT staff
- Performs daily administrative tasks: Screens phone calls; handles mail; maintains calendar; organizes and schedules Webex and on-site meetings via Outlook; reviews bills and processes invoices; and maintains departmental filing system
- Acts a the touch point for various investor interactions: manages investor events (including Earnings Calls, conferences, one off meetings and outreach) and updates investor relations website
- Acts as the administrator for the Corporate IT SharePoint site and the owner of IT Department email distribution lists
- Coordinates domestic and international travel arrangements: Books flights online or with travel agent's assistance; reserves the Corporate plane as needed; creates travel trip itineraries; arranges for transportation, lodging, and other needs while traveling; communicates with supervisors while traveling to ensure that they are fully informed of all issues arising
- Manage expense reporting and ensure timely reimbursements
- Identify, prepare, and compile necessary materials to ensure the larger team has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, and special projects
- Drafts and edits documents, reports, spreadsheets and correspondence; creates presentations in PowerPoint, including graphics and animation; maintains organizational charts
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an administrative assistant, including some experience supporting a high-level executive
- 1-2 years of college education or an Associate's Degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office applications, Concur, SharePoint, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; must be able to type 75-80 wpm
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong work ethic and an expectation of working overtime when necessary
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Dealing with Ambiguiity
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy. This individual will work in a manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to their immediate supervisor.
It is the policy of BorgWarner to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants/employees regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, marital status or any other characteristics covered by federal, state or local law.
Internal Use Only: Salary
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.