Corporate Torque Technician
We have an opening for a Torque Technician at our Auburn Hills, MI location
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Promote health and safety in all phases of engineering and launch.
- During line setup configure torque controllers with baseline programming (Android specific and customer specific requirements).
- For new product launches create a plant specific Master Gage List for all torque equipment.
- Assist corporate and local teams in completing launch specific activities – User Acceptance Testing (Torque), Static Correlation Studies (Cpk), develop baseline angle monitoring.
- Assist in creating torque specific documentation: Repair / MOPs procedures, static torque trend charts, etc.
- Assist in maintaining Master Torque Matrix prior to SORP.
- Assist in repair / MOPs tool configuration.
- All other duties as assigned.
- General understanding of manufacturing processes.
- High level of analytical ability and problem-solving skills where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Ability to learn and use various styles of data collection systems - needle dial wrench, digital dial wrench, Smart Wrench, etc.
- Ability to teach others in the correct use of torque equipment – DC tools, static torque collection tools, etc.
- Good decision-making skills with ability to grasp technical concepts.
- Basic understanding of GD&T process diagrams, PFMEA, and Control Plans.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with all team members – manufacturing, engineering, corporate team, etc.
- Computer skills to include Windows applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently while doing detailed work without being distracted or distracting the operations team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a valid US Passport or be able to obtain one.
- Must not have any restrictions.
- Travel Required: 25-35% of the time.
- Hope: The quality of possessing and adhering to positive, optimistic expectation of future events.
- Trust: Confidence in one another
- Compassion: The quality of an understanding of another's challenges.
- Justice: Concern for fairness.
- Wisdom: The quality of having good, sound judgement.
- Courage: Strength in the face of adversity.