Req Number: AFHC-18311
FAA WJH ATLANTIC CITY INTL AIR-NJ001
ASRC Federal Technical Services is seeking a System Administrator to join our team that supports the Federal Aviation Administration in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. This role will make an impact by meeting the future needs of our FAA customer that includes securing data across networks in the enterprise.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Develop/Build/Maintain and sustain the Weather Message Switching Center Replacement (WMSCR), Development and Testing environment, including Linux system administration, VMware environment setup, and networking knowledge.
- Provides expertise in software requirements analysis, design, design reviews, development, software testing, integration, installation, and maintenance of complex computer systems.
- Experience with software programming in the languages used for NAS and NAS support systems, which may include but not limited to languages such as C, C++, Java, XML and SQL.
- Provides expertise in the development and improvement of software development processes.
- Interprets and analyzes complex information systems data to develop technical documentation, system diagrams, and presentation materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide 2nd level engineering support for the Weather Message Switching Center Replacement (WMSCR)
- Support system development/testing/integration/deployment activities for WMSCR systems
- Provision, install, configure, monitor and maintain Linux systems hardware and software infrastructure
- Develop and manage Linux shell scripts to support application software testing and administration
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware and software upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Able to debug software issues in Linux environments
- Understand IP addressing and configurations for all networks (Mission Support and FNTB), established and available subnet of addresses if available
- Possess a technical understanding of VMWare environments
- Review and comment on system engineering documents; system requirement documents; system testing documents
- Attend system design reviews; technical interchange meetings; any other meetings as requested to support program and team
- Possess a technical understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA); Java Message Service (JMS); Web Services (NOT Web Page Development); Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) Communication Protocol
- Able to read/decipher/troubleshoot XML files and WSDLs
- Support Web Service testing using SoapUI test program
- Participate in system test and key site test activities as a tester
This is an outstanding opportunity to grow your skill set in system administration. Excellent compensation and benefits including a matching 401k plan with immediate vesting, certification reimbursement and tuition reimbursement.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Math, or a Bachelor’s degree in another technical field with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science and twelve (12) years of related work experience in a computer science or math field. OR, Master’s Degree in any field of study with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours of either undergrad or grad study in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science and nine (9) years related work experience in a computer science or math field. OR, PhD or Doctorial in a related field with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours of either undergrad or grad study in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science
- Strong knowledge and background of Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of Linux shell scripting
- Solid understanding of IP network technologies and software tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of VMware virtual environment
- Technical understanding of systems, databases, networking, and computing environments
- Knowledge of server operations, data communications and systems analysis
- Knowledge of networking and enterprise system architecture
- Knowledge of network security issues, policies and implementation techniques
- Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust
- Unix/Linux Operating Systems Administration
- Familiarity of NAS Technical Operations
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems
- Working knowledge of Web Service and/or Java Message Service (JMS) systems
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be willing to travel. On call 24x7 for site support
- Full-time position, standard work hours, no specified job duration
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement in Executive Order 14042 and FAR 52.223-99 is currently not effective. But please note that if those or other related requirements become effective, positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s). ASRC Federal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.