The Vice President of Business Development-Alternative Delivery Channels, internally also known as the VP Sales-Alt Delivery, shall contribute to the growth of SCP by identifying, qualifying, and closing sales opportunities for non-hospital, alternative delivery channel clients and have business development accountability for growth in the payor, employer, telehealth and retail sectors for SCP. The role is measured and rewarded on closing large scale partnership opportunities in accordance with targets for revenue and profitability. SCP aims to position itself in the marketplace as a respected thought leader, and as a true clinical services partner (the intel inside behind large-scale health care providers of various types), delivering valuable solutions to each client while remaining the nation's leader in unscheduled and overnight patient care.
The VP Sales-Alt Delivery is responsible for understanding the individual business values, priorities, and initiatives of our prospective clients and using consultative selling skills to build awareness and appreciation of our value and capabilities. The successful VP Sales will be very familiar with the alternate delivery channels of the healthcare eco-system, and have experience selling in the payor, employer, telehealth or retail markets. This role will also require a deep understanding of the physician services industry, and SCP's core clinical service lines to help design partnership offerings for the alternative delivery market.
- Develop sales strategies for market segments in collaboration with sales management and strategic account leaders
- Develop a network of key relationships in the healthcare retail, payor, and employer markets for the purpose of selling RPO (Recruiting Process Outsourcing) and other SCP Health clinical and non-clinical services
- Prepare for and manage account planning sessions to develop action plans for penetrating large retail, payor and employer customers. Execute sales strategies by securing and leading client executive meetings to ensure a thorough understanding of client requirements, buyer values, decision criteria, timing, etc.
- Participate in the development and refinement of SCP's overall value proposition and detailed service offerings for each of these key client categories
- Support the development of major non-hospital channel partner relationships and interface with SCP Finance and Corporate Development team as necessary
- Lead the Deal Huddle process to communicate key facts and recommendations to sales management and leadership team for their review and approval
- Lead the Win Strategy process to identify client buyer values, map relationships, determine strategies, and develop action plans for winning deals
- Lead the Proposal Development process, in partnership with the Proposal Manager, by working collaboratively with solution, finance, and operations teams to develop, review, and finalize proposals
- Recommend financial and affiliation partnership options for potential clients based on client needs assessment(s); assist in vetting proforma inputs for client proposals and solution design based on the structure of the potential partnership.
- Facilitate the contracting process for new partnerships, negotiate program financial and operational start-up terms and deliver sales presentations with clear solutions and strong value propositions
- Meet with sales management and affiliated field/staffing operations leaders on a regular basis to discuss offerings, markets, clients, proposals, and best practices to increase knowledge about the environment we work in
- Gather market intel through targeted research, determine potential areas of need and interest in SCP services, and identify appropriate decision makers
- Maintain knowledge of territory developments including changes in applicable sectors, M&A activity, leadership changes, competitor announcements, etc. that can provide valuable insight and serve as trigger events
- Drive lead-generation activities with executives at target accounts by crafting personalized messages and delivering thought leadership marketing content addressing their specific issues
- Support marketing campaigns by contacting executives with offers to attend webinars and events, meet with company executives, provide follow-on information, try new services, etc.
- Coordinate with BD leadership and marketing on lead generation and qualification efforts to ensure activities are coordinated and optimized. Access tools such as Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Manager,
- Attend industry events to network with executives and represent SCP on a local and national level; participate in educational sessions, and advance overall knowledge of the industry
- Update Salesforce and report on all target account activities, contacts with prospects, changes in lead status and opportunity stage progressions, etc.
- Assist in evaluating markets including current conditions, trends, threats, and new opportunities
- Perform ongoing industry and competitor research
- Ensure internal and external obstacles to business growth are identified and mitigated
- Attend meetings related to corporate development, strategic planning and executive operations around alternative delivery opportunities
- Create channel partner relationships to amplify sales efforts and lead gen
- Provide market and voice of customer feedback to marketing and business development teams
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, or related field, advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of health care executive sales or relationship development experience; consultative selling experience and solution design
- Experience interacting with CxOs, physicians, and other healthcare providers
- Experience leading high-level sales and capability presentations
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare industry, and alternative delivery markets (payor sector, retail sector, employer healthcare needs)
- General understanding of hospital-based provider services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to build trust and confidence with the utmost integrity
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent quantitative and financial management skills
- Excellent general computer experience and typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent knowledge of LinkedIn and Salesforce
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Results-oriented self-starter with desire to exceed expectations
- Team player who can develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the organization