Alfresco is a commercial, open source software company that provides simply a better way for people to work, ensuring they have the right information they need, exactly when they need it most.
Our software powers the daily work of more than 11 million people at industry-leading organizations in more than 190 countries worldwide. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is a modern, enterprise-class, cloud-native platform that enables organizations to build digital operations to deliver instant services with exceptional experiences. It provides the fastest path for people to interact with information and for organizations to quickly respond to threats, opportunities and circumstances.
Alfresco helps more than 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Pitney Bowes, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, US Navy Department, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
Alfresco Technical Support Engineers need to be versatile.
Since Alfresco is open source, our Technical Support Engineers need to provide a high level of expertise and an exceptional quality of service to our customers.
A passion for investigating technical issues, including ambiguous and complex problems.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively while learning technical concepts rapidly and proactively
Proven problem-solving ability within the context of technical issues as well as potential impact to business continuity
Positive attitude and ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Take full ownership and control of a support case without supervision while continuously improving the level of support to maintain customer satisfaction
- Interact directly with our partners and customers to resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Provide support through case management system, phone, and screen sharing sessions
- Leverage access to internal resources to align customers with problem resolutions and information
- Maintain knowledge of product feature set for new releases while creating knowledge articles and solutions for common issues encountered by customers
- Work with global team members to identify and report product defects reported by customers, as well as matching new support cases to known issues
- Triage and prioritize assigned support cases based on severity, customer urgency, and end user impact
- Notify the support management team to develop a plan to avoid potential escalations, and escalate when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer information systems or related fields
- 2+ years experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting any issue on Windows Server, Linux, or UNIX operating systems
- Prior experience in a technical support role
- 2+ years experience with Java web server (either Tomcat, Apache, Websphere, JBoss) experience either in a support, developer or administrator capacity
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug Web applications
- Ability to read and understand application logs
- Experience with enterprise software components such as application servers, databases, and directory management
- Exposure to performance analysis and tuning of operating systems and Web applications
- Knowledge of network protocol layers, security layers, and domain models
- Positive attitude and exceptional customer service
- Ability to work in a highly engaged, collaborative, and team oriented environment
Desirable, but not required:
- Understanding of enterprise content management and business process modeling
- Experience with Hibernate, Apache Maven, Apache Solr, or Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Red Hat JBoss
- Deep understanding of one or more relational database systems
- Ability to read and analyze application thread dumps
- Exposure to records management processes and concepts
- Knowledge of high availability architecture and disaster recovery procedures
- Prior experience in enterprise support
- Any related technical certifications or education
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.