FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. (Fujifilm) is a leading provider of medical image and information products and technologies for acquiring, processing, managing and storing diagnostic images and related data. As the inventor of digital x-ray, over thirty years ago with our Computed Radiography (CR) technology, we have built a reputation as an innovator of healthcare systems that produce superior diagnostic information. As the healthcare segment evolves, we will continue to provide the market with innovative solutions that reach well beyond general radiography.
The Technical Support Engineer provides highly visible remote technical, applications and system admin support for FMSU customers. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors which may include customer impact, FMSU business priorities and regulatory requirements. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Offers mentorship to new incumbents on technical and product knowledge and department operating procedures. To meet the needs of our customers working outside of normal business hours and holidays is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses hardware, software and network related issues on customer systems and provides solutions for repairs by performing remote troubleshooting, diagnostic evaluations and routine inspections on medical imaging systems, equipment and components sold or serviced by the company.
- Provide product module and/or sub-module specific advanced support, guidance and assistance to Customer Support Engineers and other staff.
- Liaise with engineering development and support staff to analyze product malfunctions requiring engineering action, assists with escalations and delivers the results to other staff members.
- Collaborate with other internal and external groups on solving complex technical issues and developing innovative solutions.
- Effectively document problems and solutions into a product knowledge database.
- Assists in developing troubleshooting guides, bulletins, software files and similar resources on existing products.
- Learn and remain compliant with all regulatory and quality requirements.
- Occasionally participates in customer site visits, as necessary.
- Maintain an expert working knowledge of current medical imaging products and related technologies by staying abreast with the latest industry / technology advances through continuous education.
- Short notice and / or overnight travel, as required, to work on customer systems.
- Adheres to the Company's quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) medical device regulatory requirements, applicable ISO 13485 standard requirements and all other applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years related professional experience or comparable education and work experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of current network technologies.
- Ability to achieve results and meet goals in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, excellent phone manner.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on interpretation of technology data and product knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day, up to 4 hours at a time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to reach above their head to work on equipment that is on a desk, on the floor, or mounted to the ceiling, must also be comfortable on ladders. Ability to use hands to type and have the manual dexterity to manipulate hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches etc.
- Occasional (up to 25%) travel may be required based on business need.