SysDE - Procurement Systems Connector, Business Service Management
AWS Management & Governance allows organizations to establish the right level of integration and control over their environments without inhibiting innovation. AWS enables organizations create, manage and operate IT and FinOps services that are approved and well-architected for use with AWS Marketplace, and to achieve consistent governance and meet compliance requirements. You can find more information at: .
We are seeking a Systems Development Engineer to develop Business Service Management Connector solutions and plugin integrations that enable sellers and buyers to sell, procure, entitle, deploy and manage AWS Marketplace software and data at the speed of cloud. As a Systems Development Engineer on the team, you will own significant portions of the product and will have influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. This role is hands-on, developing scalable technical solution integrations to third party platforms leveraging business service management frameworks and identifying how to empower DevOps, infrastructure and engineering, and Cloud FinOps in an agile culture. The system integrations are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who is customer-centric, enjoys working on complex system software, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and great communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
This is a role for a systems development engineer, with a business owner mindset that does not shy away from thinking big. A strong bias for action with strategic intent mindset is needed to dive deep, gain customer trust, and deliver results. You will help plan, build, test, and execute our feature set, and you will be deeply involved in the overall vision, culture, and direction of the organization. If you would love to be part of a nascent, tight-knit, and nimble team with enormous business potential, you need to contact us today!
You must be able to:
- Develop scalable integration solutions for Business Service Management Connectors
- Develop artifacts to help scale knowledge for customers, partners and the user community
- Collaborate with specialist and field teams to drive product roadmaps
- Provide customer support for the Business Service Management Connectors
- Partner with multiple teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to ensure a timely delivery of the solution
- Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. There will be opportunities to work from home some days. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS’s success is its top-tier product management culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS business lines that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Marketplace Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services (e.g. S3, EC2), migration teams, services, legal, operations and support).
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Working with a team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results is exciting. Partnering with others in the organization is key to our long term success and is what helps frame our inclusive culture.”
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design, Python, Ruby
- 1+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 1+ years integrating Procure to Pay or CRM platforms (i.e., Coupa, Ariba, Workday and Salesforce)
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Deep knowledge and experience with procure-to-pay operations. Prior experience working in DevOps and the ability to write simple scripts/code is preferred
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Expertise with SaaS, PaaS, or enterprise-level products
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Ability to perform deep-dive technical troubleshooting
- Coupa, Ariba, Workday and Salesforce certifications
- AWS Solutions Architect - Associate Certification
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, and an ability to be hands-on while also maintaining strategic focus
- Understanding of the DevOps model and how to drive innovation and efficiency using cloud technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.