SysDE - Business Service Connectors, Service Management Connectors
AWS Management & Governance allows organizations to establish the right level of over control other their environments without slowing down innovation. AWS Service Management enables organizations to create, manage and operate IT services that are approved and well-architected for use on AWS, and helps them to achieve consistent governance and meet compliance requirements. You can find more information at: .
We are looking for a Systems Development Engineer to develop Service Management Connector solutions and integrations that enable customers to build end to end IT lifecycle management capabilities via enabling AWS self-service, governance and compliance. As a Systems Development Engineer on the team, you will own significant portions of the product and will have influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. This role is hands-on, developing scalable technical solution integration to third party platforms leveraging service management frameworks and identifying how to empower DevOps and Cloud operations in an agile culture. The system integrations are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and great communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
This is a role for a seasoned systems development engineer, with a business owner mindset that does not shy away from thinking big, has a strong bias for action with strategic intent, gain the customer trust, diving deep and delivering results. You will help plan and execute our feature set, and will be deeply involved in the overall vision, culture and direction of the organization. If you would love to be part of a nascent, tight-knit, and nimble team with big business potential, you need to contact us today!
You must be able to:
- Develop scalable integration solutions on Service Management Connectors.
- Develop artifacts to help scale knowledge for customers, partners and the user community
- Collaborate with specialist and field teams to drive the product roadmaps.
- Provide customer support for the Service Management Connectors
- Partner with multiple teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to ensure a timely delivery of the solution.
- Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. There will be opportunities to work from home some days. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS’s success is its top-tier product management culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS business lines that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Marketplace Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services (e.g. S3, EC2), migration teams, services, legal, operations and support).
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Working with a team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results is exciting. Partnering with others in the organization is key to our long term success and is what helps frame our inclusive culture.”
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language e.g. Java, C++, or C#
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience developing/integrating with ITSM / ITOM solutions (i.e., ServiceNow, Atlassian Jira Service Management).
- Experience building and deploying software on AWS
- ServiceNow or Atlassian certifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.