Newrest is looking for an Supervisor Supply who will be responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day needs are taken care of through its team members. This individual will be the primary point of contact for managing the inventory, ordering, and receiving of all food, beverage, and equipment products. This is a working manager position.
Shift: 10:30 am to 7 pm
Supervisory and Management
- Under the supervision of the Supply Manager, this individual supervises and manages the work of the employees during the shift
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed per Newrest and clients requirements
- Communicate effectively with all crew members and team members
- Hold team members accountable for all expectations
- Assisting with inbound and outbound orders
- Inventory control
- Assist Supply Manager with any coaching and/or corrective actions
- Assist with approving and handling questions regarding timecards and pay
- Provide solutions to problems that occur during the transportation, unloading, offloading, or any other process
- Enforce safety processes and legal requirements for transportation and other processes
- Organize regular audits on the runway and set up corrective action plans as appropriate
- Perform maintenance on the fleets and follow up to ensure proper safety maintenance
- Place orders with suppliers in the computer system
- Lead the team in conducting inventories
- Train and mentor new employees
- Check the conformity of services according to customer specifications
- Complete traceability documents (e.g., exposure time sheet)
- Always comply with good hygiene and manufacturing practices
- Coordinate cleaning, washing, and sanitation of premises in accordance with standards
- Regular and timely attendance is expected for the position
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years experience in leading or supervising others, preferably in a supply or receiving area
- Previous experience in supply chain strongly preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of HACCP & food safety standards
- Aptitude in showing self-initiative and follow-through
- Detail-oriented and ability to see high picture
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures, especially in freezing temperatures
- Have a clear understanding of documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders.
- Good knowledge of HACCP regulations.
- Ability to work fast-paced
- Ability to show flexibility in working in various areas of the department
- Ability to know how ones performance affects the areas before and after you
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is also required to frequently inspect the manufacturing floor and will need to go inside freezer/coolers.