Supervisor Client Engagement
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking — harnessing creativity, technology and culture — to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people’s lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
The Supervisor Client Engagement is responsible for overall agency services on accounts. Client Engagement Supervisors are responsible for the supervision, growth and development of client engagement team personnel, which includes providing training, motivation and performance evaluations. Training should focus on enhancing capabilities and skills in the following areas: Marketing Excellence, Ownership, Intelligence, and Innovation (as appropriate for each level.)
Externally, the Supervisor Client Engagement is responsible for developing and maintaining a close relationship with senior-level client contacts, establishing VMLY&R as leaders on the business, helping to achieve clients’ marketing objectives, and managing income results for the agency.
Supervisor Client Engagement must be energetic and active proponents of all client partnerships within the agency, and participate in and lead any external cross-functional teams. Leadership is rooted in strategic partnership with a focus on absolute understanding of the client’s business (objectives, risks and strategies). They are the core contact for all partner relationships and day-to-day client activities and must be able to articulate the vision and value of all agency attributes and points of differentiation. They are responsible for the core growth and development of the account team, including goal-setting performance evaluations. Financial responsibilities include monthly billing, forecasting and updating clients on monthly billing and expenses. This candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and must be comfortable making decisions.
- Collaboratively responsible for development of long-term account success and growth by participating in Client Engagement Plan development and execution. Gains and maintains expert knowledge of client’s business, industry and competition.
- Drives execution and measurement of final plan, ensuring proactive thought leadership and MIP initiatives are carried out.
- Supervises all work, providing oversight and guidance on current work (70%, while also aggressively pursuing new opportunities (30%).
- Builds and maintains client relationships, both with day-to-day clients and more senior level contacts.
- Participates in key client meetings:
- Presentations of VMLY&R work
- Client briefings
- Strategy sessions
- Agency day meetings
- Cross-agency partner meetings
- Builds and maintains agency partnership relationships.
- Supervises and develops direct reports.
- Financial management responsibilities include monthly projections and billing, monthly budget review with clients.
- Regularly meets with and informs Director, Client Engagement on status of business, including escalation points as needed.
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- Comfortable working in and leading integrated agency relationships.
- Is able to lead strategic efforts across multi-channel engagements.
- Is able to develop and disseminate strategic direction across internal cross-functional teams.
- Aggressive approach to client and team management as well as overall team and account growth.
- Is able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Is detail-oriented, a strong communicator and effective presenter.
- Is a team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Is responsible for the core growth and development of the account team, including goal setting performance evaluations.
- Has financial responsibilities that include monthly billing, forecasting and updating clients on monthly billing and expenses.
- Has familiarity with all facets of interactive campaign and macro strategy development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field.
- Four to eight years of experience, which may include large-agency interactive or senior client-side marketing experience focusing on strategy, innovation and an entrepreneurial approach to building brands.
- Experience with digital marketing focusing on site, display, search, emerging media or overall digital ecosystem development.
- Familiarity with all facets of interactive campaign and macro strategy development.
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.