Sr. Test Automation Engineer
Senior Test Automation Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior Test Automation Engineer, with expertise in the creation of testing strategy, frameworks and test plans. The right candidate will have experience utilizing automation testing techniques such as BDD and have extensive knowledge of various testing tools and methodologies. This individual will analyze requirements and gather data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements to produce test plans and execute test cases ensuring that defects do not escape into Production.
- Own design and implementation of automation framework and test organization with QA
- Design and run automated functional tests for the frontend and backend of our web platform, web services and integrations
- Collaborate with QA, Development, and Ops teams to define test architecture and implement testing as a part of continuous integration
- Diagnose and report issues based on test failures
- Work independently and communicate with the various teams involved with release process and testing with an emphasis on our integrations teams
- Extensive knowledge of Agile testing methodology, practices, and procedures.
- 5+ years prior software quality assurance experience in a large enterprise organization conducting GUI, Database, API and backend testing.
- Experience with testing frameworks like TestNG, JBehave, WebdriverIO, Selenium Webdriver, SOAPUI, etc.
- Strong Familiarity with the Page Object model. Serenity Screenplay design pattern knowledge a plus!
- Must possess strong leadership skills and have a firm quality and process focus.
- Experience in test development in web-based and API automation roles
- Experience with integration and regression testing
- Demonstrable ability to write code in at least one OOO and one scripting language (Java, Python, Ruby)
- Functional Knowledge of any of the following programming Languages: UNIX Shell Script (Bash), Python, Java and Groovy
- Knowledge of CI/CD methods and Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Kubernetes, Azure
- Version control & issue tracking: Git & Jira