Sr. Marketing Associate
- Support project executives on administrative functions (i.e., Outlook management, scheduling, etc.)
- Create, manage and distribute marketing materials
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Prepare project management reports and meeting minutes.
- Manage all construction and project development documentation including contracts, budgets and schedules.
- Participate in a variety of functions related to presentations, responses to proposals, and research.
- Maintain Best Practices templates on SharePoint site.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all project management technology as required for assigned projects.
- Manage accounts receivables according to the guidelines and requirements set by the Regional Operations manager.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance and the Regional Operations Manager.
- Assist local team in meeting target financial numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
- Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution
- One to two years of practical experience in administration required.
- 2+ years of Marketing experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and technology applications/software.
Internal candidates: Previous experience in a support role in PDS, CS or CM strongly preferred. Marketing experience required.
External candidates: Previous experience in a support role in a real estate company for brokers or project managers is a huge plus. Marketing experience required.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]