At Patientco, we are building the future of healthcare payments. Our technology is helping create a better payment experience for patients and in turn, providing incredible value to healthcare providers across the U.S. Whether you are customer facing or working diligently behind the scenes, everyone at Patientco plays a vital role in improving the healthcare experience of millions of people. It’s a big job, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
As a Software Engineer at Patientco, you should care deeply about how your software is experienced. This means considering how both healthcare patients and providers use your products and how your peers will interact with your code.
Your experience should include having built and -- equally important -- maintained widely-used software. You should have a knack for making tools powerful without compromising their ease of use.
We move quickly, deploying code many times a week, but we also spend time carefully thinking through the edge cases of our products.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage
- Extensive familiarity with object-oriented software systems based in PHP, Java, .Net or Ruby (we care less about what languages you know and more about your ability to grasp concepts)
- Great Communication Skills! Have opinions about good and bad products and the ability to justify them, we want to know what you think!
- Advocates of the agile/lean software development process
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or have equivalent experience
- The desire to build a great culture. Namely, be ethical, collaborative, hard-working, creative, FUN, and willing to push your boss out of the raft
We are a team at Patientco and that’s not just some corporate mumbo jumbo. We expect a ton out of everyone here but that’s what makes it great. The whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. We value excellent communication and collaboration skills, creative problem solving, empathy, open mindedness, extreme attention to detail, a healthy dose of grit and a good sense of humor.
We take care of our own at Patientco. Some of the highlights include our infamous “Free Food Fridays”, casual dress code, no vacation tracking, monthly social events, and of course a full benefits package including health/dental/vision/401k. Bottom line: it’s a great place to work!